As a Personal Shopper and Image consultant based in Lancashire who works in the North West of the UK. I know that Christmas and the New Year can often be a busy time for most women and with the party season snapping at our heel's I thought I would play fairy godmother by rounding up my hottest Style and Image tip's for adding polish to your Christmas and New Years party look's without busting your budget!
1) Red lipstick has had a revival and help create instant party glam, if your thinking of wearing a red lipstick this party season, follow my two foolproof tips-
a) pull your lower lip out and match the colour red you select to the shade of the your skin tone on your lower lip.
b) Remember to use a nude lip liner to stop any bleeding or feathering, apply your lipstick with a brush for best coverage, blot with tissue and reapply, this is the most important part- Put the first half of your index finger in your mouth and pucker up your lips whilst removing your finger. This will ensure that any access lipstick appears on your finger and not your teeth, when you smile!
2) One of the best ways to achieve instant glamour is with a hair up, this season the catwalks were awash with clean sophisticated hair ups ala Grace Kelly, such as the top know.
Want to achieve the look but don't think your fine or shoulder length hair will allow you to reach those dizzy heights? You need a little boost with the greatest invention since a jammy dodger! A foam doughnut, small hair brush, stack of long pin's, some hair spray and a strong hair elastic.
Using a small brush gather all your hair into a high pony tail, on the top of the your head, slide the doughnut over your ponytail, depending on your hair length, in front of a mirror wrap the ends of your hair round the doughnut till there is no more hair to tuck under, securing with the long pins to match your hair colour. Comb through some hair spray to the front and spray the back, voila your done! Foam doughnuts to build your hairstyle can be bought on Amazon for as little as £1.99.
3) Strong brows are essential for this seasons retro party feel and always add strength to the face, brow kit's can cost £25.00 upwards, own a good waterproof eyeliner in a shade lighter than your brows? Then why try this budget busting grooming advice, purchase a baby sized tooth brush I usually opt for pink! Lightly stroke on your eyeliner following the shape of your brow, brush hairs backwards and then brush back into shape dust with translucent powder and your good to go!
4) For top to toe grooming I often advocate a full manicure, however with this season being all about full on glamour, I have the perfect style solution that will save you time and rescue you from feeling guilty about forgetting take care of your hands! For uber glamour with a modern twist, ditch your washing up gloves, for full length evening gloves in this seasons bright colours! Spanx currently sell a vast range of mouth watering colours on Amazon for just $8.99!
6) Personalise your tights by layering a thick opaque pair with a cheap sheer glittery pair over the top, great for when the temperature drops! Try purple tights with a glittery silver finish or black tights with a purple finish and dark grey with a silver finish , for a sophisticated after dark look.
7)Finally do you have a whole array of soft clutch bags but want to update them a little? Brightly coloured vintage style diamante brooches add instant chic to your clutch or why not glue some black marabou trim to the bottom edge of your bag or even a wide black Alice band as well, if you fancy adding a bit of Audrey sparkle to your up do!
You shall go to the ball!