8 Nov 2009

Making Creative Friendships Through Blogging



I began my art buisness in 2004 with only a handful of images.I am inspired on a daily basis by anything and everything!I get inspiration from other artists work, from flowers I see on my walks everyday, to lovely packaging or greetings cards in a gift shop.Or even childrens furniture or clothing catalogues I am always on the lookout, inspiration is everywhere!

I enjoy drawing faries and mermaids the most, but since starting the stamp buisness I am inspired by Alice and Wonderland and lots of childrens stories.I love fairy tales and would love to do a line of princesses.I work in pen and ink and then colour my images in photoshop, digitally.I am a huge fan of vibrant colour, as well as black and white imagery.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Over a year ago I began my blogging journey because it seemed the thing to do as as an artist, I began the blog to share my daily thoughts, inspirations and new artwork with my readers,back then there were only a handful.
What I didn't know then, was how many beautiful and creative friendships I would make along the way. Many of my blog readers have become friends (invisible as they may be) and have been a creative comfort and support group to me.I have also made friendships that have changed my life and the direction of my art career and for these I will always be greatful.
Thank-you, Sharon and I am happy that we made another creative friendship through blogging! Michelle x 

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sharon!

What beautiful images!! Oh, I love the Alice illustrations and your mermaid photo! You are such a doll!
thank you, Sharon!

Hugs!

Michelle :))

Rhonda Miller said...

Michelle, this is awesome. You are so talented and I love your images.

Sher said...

Oh I'm a follower of Michelle's blog and I love her sweet illustrations:)

koralee said...

What a talent....thanks Sharon. I agree with Michelle about the amazing friendships made! xoox

debra@dustjacket said...

Michelle great guest post. You are very talented.
xxx

Dina's Days said...

I agree, it's so cool how you can create these "invisible" like you said friends. I love it!

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....