30 Aug 2012

KAREN MILLEN LAUNCH #DESTINATIONDENIM

left to right, me, vipxo and Laura 


Last Saturday I was invited to preview Karen Millens surprise addition to her super sleek flock of clothing, a new jeans line (the event held at the Selfridges shop in the Trafford centre was hosted by beauty and fashion blogger vipxo) I say surprise, as I have always associated Karen Millen's label with her beautifully cut coats, jackets and dresses, in other words great tailoring, not casual wear.

rail of Karen Millen denim including metallic, floral,pastels,brights and python print

 It was nice to chill out and enjoy a glass of champagne and discuss all thing jeans with the other fashion bloggers who had come along to the event, whilst watching the staff model the new Karen Millen denim collection to perfection. Being of a slightly fuller leg, I am increasingly realising that as much as I like block colour jeans until I shift a few access pounds in that area,skinny print jeans are my new best friend. Pattern is great for breaking up big block of anything, trust me!



 I have a crush on python print at the moment, so I was happy to see plenty of python print in colours such as wine and mustard that will work well with any navy, black and red pieces in your wardrobe this autumn/winter 2012. I liked the weight of the denim too which was nice and light with not too much stretch, which, if you have read my profile you will know is baaad in my humble opinion, as you end up with baggy knee and bum area.



 Some of the jeans had a lovely wax finish which is become increasingly popular as it gives the illusion of leather and they also stock a pair with a metallic gold finish, prices start at £75.00. The sizes run up to a size sixteen, the larger sizes tend to fly out the door first, but obviously you can always order online. We all agreed that the floral jeans that looked like pretty coloured lights at night that had fused together were our favourite print in the range. Laura from Laura's Little Secrets picked up the last scarf in the floral print lucky her! Hanging out with the fun and friendly Karen Millen team at Selfridge's whilst munching on their delicious mint choc cake pops and getting the secret intel on vipxo not a bad way to spend a Saturday evening.  

  
Nice bum!some of the mannequins got a bit frisky!



0 comments:

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....