30 Sept 2011

My Passport To Style| Reviews Nature Shops| Emu, Romani Boots


I was recently asked if I would like review a pair of Nature Shops black Romani Suede boots, as I love the companies responsible attitude to the environment and with winter on its way, I thought you gals might appreciate discovering more about this comfortable emu style boot . I felt this particular style offered the versatility and detailing to be styled up in various ways in time for winter 2011. From wearing them full length, for a classic biker style look, with a favourite battered leather jacket and skinny jeans, to rolling them down and wearing with chunky colourful long Navajo knits and tights (like my recent purchase from Warehouse below) or even adopting a luxe ski look and teaming them with a long quilted glossy cream coat, black roll neck fun goggle glasses and a wide leather headband.





First Impressions

The Nature Shop boots came beautifully packaged in a brown card box with large gold floral print and a rope handle. Once open I spotted a swish fabric tote with large gold nature shop lettering and logo which I thought was a really nice touch, as the bag has a drawstring also you could choose to use the bag as shoe bag to protect your boots or just as a tote.




The boots themselves are well made from premium sheepskin and 3/4 length with the sheepskin turned over, there is a chunky brass effect ring that fastens at the outer side of each boot, through which an additional strip of suede is looped and attached with a sweet brass heart stud, this attention to detail I felt gives the boots a luxe edge. At the back of each boots is premium gold stitched initialling.


Comfort V Style


For those of you that have worn this style of boot in a different style such as the stinger, you will know they are quite roomy, so great if you want to wear a thicker sock, however unless its sub zero conditions there is no need as the sheepskin lining works well to keep feet toasty and wick any sweat from your feet away. I love being able to just pull on a pair of boots with no zip, fastening etc which sound incredibly lazy but when you're in a rush it's great! The boots have nice big treads on them, having tried them out on the pathways near my home which are now laced with slippery autumn leaves, they do work to keep you upright and your dignity in tact!




The only thing that I found, was I have what I term sporty calves! So rolling the boot up to its full length made the fit quite tight and meant that the fibres of the plush black fleece inner lining stuck up around the outer edge of the boot slightly, so I would probably wear them rolled down as intended or rolled up with straight black jeans over the top.



please note * I received these boots as compensation for writing this review

0 comments:

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....