15 Aug 2009

Abersoch Here I Come!














































Hi my lovely followers, I'm off to Abersoch in Wales for a week to help my family move house and to soak up the lovely air. Look forward to seeing you when I get back. I love welsh cakes, there kinda of like scones but flatter, cooked on a iron griddle, they have a lovely flavour of nutmeg and Cinnamon with sugar sprinkled on top, lovely with butter and a cup of tea.Then there is the rustic barabrith also a great traditional tea time treat there, a dense fruit tea loaf bursting with orange peel. What always reminds me of Abersoch the most apart from the cakes, is the wild gorse, bright saffron yellow in colour, the juxtaposition of each stem of the flowers stems shooting out in all directions, somehow makes me think of a haphazard firework display.Look forward to reading all your comments, when I get back, hope your having a great summer and having fun with your wardrobe! Sx















5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! Thank you so much for following my blog! Really appreciate it! I'm following you now, love your blog! I see that you are from Lancaster, I'm in Thornton-Cleveleys about 30 - 40 minutes away from you!!

Suzie! xx Hope you have a great time in Wales! x

Flower Design Events said...

I love welsh Cakes too, we did a wedding Angelsey last month and brought copious amounts back to Lancashire, enjoy Abersoch.

koralee said...

OH have fun...I would so love to visit your area someday...alway has been a romantic dream of mine! Welsh cakes sound amazing...have a few for me!

Nubiasnonsense said...

Have fun! Those pancakes look yummy lol

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling is that a new header I am seeing, it looks fantastic, so appropriate with your blog name, I love it. Lucky you going to Abersoch, I wish I could go with you and enjoy the welsh cakes and the lovely scenery. If you get a chance take some photos to share with us please. Darling, I just noticed that I am not a follower of your site, shame on me. So I went ahead and joined. Have a great and safe trip. Let me know when you get back!!


♥ Hugs ♥
Duchess

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....