6 Jan 2013

Smart Guide To Updating Your S/S13 Style

Marc Jacobs- S/S 2013

Invest In Key Accessories This S/S13 


Now that Christmas is out of the way and we are officially in the New Year and seeing a little more light, I'm starting to focus on what elements from spring 2013 fashion I want bring to my wardrobe. You won't need me to tell you that one of the the easiest routes to updating your look each season is to invest in a new pair of sunglasses (check out my previous sunglasses shape wear guide if you need a steer on what shape sunglasses work best for your face shape).

Tracy Reese -S/S13

Max Azria -S/S13


Tom Ford 

Amplify S/S13 Colours With Contrasting Shades 

 Some of my favourite top spring13 trends were seen on the catwalks of New York, as you know I am very fond of wearing the colour blue, so I was pleased to see there were some vibrant blue tones used by American designers, such as this stunning dress by Tracy Reese inspired by water, soft chambray fabric featured also and was used to create very feminine dresses by designer Max Azria. 

Tommy Hilfiger would be proud of my colour co-ordination, as my first thought was I needed to get a pair of red Whitney Tom Ford sunglasses to make both these blue tones really pop whilst adding in a subtle slickness courtesy of the frame shape.


Diane von Furstenburg S/S13 

Maui Jim

Dolce & Gabbana

Double Agent - Change Your Shades And Your Style In Seconds  


 So what else is new for spring 13? White and sheer panels of fabric layered over geometric cut out designs is another trend that I loved from the catwalk but felt it might be tricky for mere mortals such as myself to copy with ease. However give me a simple shift dress and I'm happy,this white cut out sheath by Diane von Furstenburg could be dressed both up or down with the right sunglasses, for dressing this look down I would opt for some tortoiseshell Maui Jim sunglasses and for piling on the lady like chic some pretty Neapolitan pink sunglasses such as these geometric pink Dolce &Gabbana Sunglasses  .

These tortoiseshell Maui Jim sunglasses would also work really well with the chambray trend that I'm hoping to recreate this S/S13.

Marc Jacobs S/S13

Marc Jacobs S/S13

Candy Cane Crush


 Last but not least my biggest designer crush Marc Jacobs, drum roll please, as usual, put a fun and elegant spin on a cult classic, spring 13's vertical stripes, he gave us loopy red sixties stripes featured here and skinny to die for chic monochrome stripes that would look yummy, in my humble opinion, with the pink pair of Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses featured.

 A Very Stylish Hole


 I think I may have dug myself a very stylish hole, as I now find I have created the perfect excuse to invest in a whole suite of sunglasses from the lovely people at Smart Buy Glasses, being realistic all three pairs would set me back less than any one of these designers looks I have been drooling over from the catwalks of S/S13 New York fashion week!

 Do you like to stick to one favourite pair of sunglasses or mix things up by wearing different styles?

*Please note Smart Buy Glasses kindly sponsored this post, however ideas and opinions expressed are all my own* Images courtesy of Fashionologie.

0 comments:

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....