26 Jul 2011

Healthy Back Bag Review | Leather Biker Style, Anniversary Edition



Most women I meet expect their handbag to be the height of fashion and to perform like a work horse carrying all their daily essentials, quite often the two top qualities we are searching for in the perfect handbag disappointingly are often not found in the same bag. Finding an independent handbag label that produces stylish bags with practical design features that set it apart from other bigger luxe handbag brands can be a rarity.



So when The Healthy Back Bag Company gave me the opportunity to review one of their anniversary bags and share my thoughts here, I had to try this practical bag and its eco friendly stylish credentials on for size!



First impressions


The bag I received was part of the companies anniversary range, tear drop shaped in black drum leather with stud and rivet detailing. A style classic perfect with jeans in the daytime and to toughen up a pretty dress or add edge to an evening look .


• Delivered swiftly by couriers service, in pretty standard issue plastic bags.


• The bag contained a handy card with instructions for cleaning the bag and a guarantee of the product for the lifetime of the bag.


• The bag can be worn either on one shoulder or across the body, to get full benefit of its ergonomic design, designed with a doctor to reduce stress on the back area and avoid back pain.


• The bag is designed to rest snugly in the hollow of your back and the main zipper faces toward your back, keeping the contents of your bag secure.
 



How did The Bag perform?



The amount of pockets this bag contains is staggering! I counted 11 of varying shapes and sizes, two large outer zip pockets and some very small, perfect for storing my lip gloss and makeup brushes. One of the inner zip pockets is large enough to double up as a generously sized makeup bag and the bag will comfotably house much more from a full sized bottle of sun lotion, purse, phone, sunglasses, makeup wipes etc.


• Biggest plus? The Silver lining is really well thought out and means along with the organised pockets and key fob you would struggle to lose anything should you need it in a hurry.


• I put the bag through its paces to test the comfort factor (not being a cross body bag wearer I was a little unsure what to expect) when I went to the Ben and Jerry's music festival, packed to full capacity and worn across the body, after eight hours of standing and vigorously dancing I almost forgot my Healthy Back Bag was there until I needed a drink or my lip balm which I found with ease. However I would have liked a recess on the body strap for my mobile so I could have the option of easy access to my mobile when wearing the bag across my body. 






Finale Word


This bag is a miracle of design The Healthy Bag Back Bag comes in four sizes and a variety of exciting designs and fabrics including a on trend tweed version from their designer range and a fabric made from recycled plastic bottles (pet) as well as a baby changing bag range. From a fashion point of view I love the biker feel, but I would have liked to see a big leather tassel on the zipper and some additional stud work. With back saving properties and the brands guarantee of workmanship for the lifetime of the material, I was impressed! A great bag for buisy style conscious women on the go and makeup artists! 

 


 


















1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always thought the cross over back bag was highly under rated for its ability to never fall off your shoulder, never slide down, always be easily accessible with a quick swivel around to the front and of course when it looks this stylish why wouldn't you......Thanks for reminding me why I am starting to wonder why the oversized fall of my shoulder bag has become my everydayer....xK

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....