3 Sept 2012

#Marks & Spencers Vintage Dress Challenge




Hi Gals, Marks & Spencer recently challenged me to style up a vintage dress from my wardrobe that makes me feel effortlessly stylish as well as choose an M&S dress that is a classic piece and won't date. Their favourite look will win a vintage themed weekend in London. I don't need much tempting to step into a vintage frock but I must admit a chance to enjoy a vintage themed weekend in London sounds fun! Loving all shades of blue as I do, bright tones, prints and fuss free styling that can be dressed up or down, this original 70s dress with a cutsie geometric print in aqua ticks all the boxes. I have worn it over the summer with marshmallow pink pumps and yellow ankle socks but decided to dress it up a little for this special occasion with my pale gold Crest Of A Wave vintage handbag, a pretty pleated vintage floral scarf and my newly dyed khaki suede peep toe shoes.I spotted this dress in my favourite local vintage shop in Lancaster - The Vintage Shop.

If I had to choose the ultimate M&S dress that would stand the test of time? It would be this nifty number from M&S the Colour Block Lucy Dress. A great shirt dress is about as classic as it gets and this beauty could be styled up so many ways to look sporty, chic or casual, from leggings and high tops to geometric tights and a string of long beads to a favourite pair of suede fringed cowboy boots or just some neat block heel pumps. Do you own a shirt dress or a favourite hard working classic that you cant live without? Do tell! 



0 comments:

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....