28 Nov 2011

My Passport To Style | Heritage Happens!!

Susie On The Ralph Lauren tweed run


I was thrilled to find this post by top UK blog Style Bubble, which made me feel less alone in my obsession for finding fabrics with heritage. To be honest with you, my non fashion blogging friends don't really get why a smelly piece of tartan in a vintage shop can send me into raptures and have started to make their excuses early if they think I might be about to go on the hunt for a new piece to add to my ever increasing musty pile! I do think though, there is something really special about wearing clothing made from cloth that has been woven by hand for years in the same way, it's not about snobbery it's about knowing that fabric connects you to the people who wove it and story behind it. I am am the proud owner of a poncho that I made from a treasured piece of Harris Tweed I found on one of my heritage fabric hunts.  

Susie On The Isle Of Lewis wearing Harris Tweed hightops

1 comments:

Leslie Christen | Fashion Stylist said...

Beautiful Blog! It's my first visit and I definitely be back.

xo Leslie

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....