3 Apr 2012

My Passport To Style | Styles Up Age Of Reason Pocket Scarves

Age Of Reason ( UK accessory label) celebrated their first birthday at the end of March 2012 and as sensible as their silk scarves first appear to sound, these are not sensible air hostess type scarves, not unless you count pink ink splattered pugs adorned with safety pins or russian dolls caught up in a web of neon coloured chains. Age of Reason British designer Ali Mapletoft from Brighton, sent me three silk pocket scarves to style up differently featuring three of her russian doll designs in a variety of bright orange and turquoise colours. On closer inspection I noticed that one of the dolls was wearing a fetching leopard head scarf, great fun! Each doll on the pocket scarves is designed slightly differently exciting news for any silk scarf collectors out there. Age of Reason have just unveiled their commemorative jubilee pug scarf, in both their full sized neck scarf and a pocket square. I would love to see a certain member of the Royal family sporting this design to celebrate this years diamond jubilee, classic head scarf style! I guess we shall have  to wait and see... I decided to enlist a model for this challenge and as luck would have it I knew the perfect gal, the beautiful Nicole Wilson who was up for the challenge. Scroll down to see how working with Age of Reason inspired me!





I tied two contrasting pockets together to create a tie to wear with Nicoles plain grey shirt, the flash of neon orange on one side of her collar adds a nice twist.

<>
 I liked the idea of doubling up these pocket scarves and styled one as a short neck scarf on Nicole and the other as a belt for her jeans, leaving a triangular flap at the front made for a playful look.

 I updated Nicole's classic top knot by wrapping a pocket scarf over it and securing with some thin elastic, this look can be recreated to look casual or sleek depending on how loose or sleek you decide to wear your top knot. I love the windmill effect created by the pockets silk corners.

Using a Russian doll pocket scarf with neon orange accents quickly transformed my old large rose gold watch face into a fun time piece as modelled by Nicole!

To find out more or to buy an Age Of Reason original silk scarf go to


www.age-of-reason-studios.com   You can also find them at Matches Fashion, Coco De Mer & Whistles
Thanks to Nicole Wilson for modeling this collection styled and photographed by myself.
Credits for additional Age of Reason images go to www.capturefactory.co.uk







0 comments:

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....