26 Nov 2009

Sharons Style Dispensary- answering your latest Style dilemmas in time for the party season ! x





For those followers or readers who are unfamilar with my Style Dispensary sessions its where I trouble shoot My Passport to Style followers questions on Style and offer them expert Style Advice!
This post combines my two passions quirky clothing well cut, with helping women put together a look that fits their brief and leaves them feeling super stylish and beautiful. Todays Style Dispensary has a Christmas party theme and features clothes from Urban Outfitters, which recently launched its latest store in Edinburgh and a Style dilemma  emailed to me from a one of my lovely followers on twitter, Nadia.

Nadia writes-Dear Sharon , I have always had a boyish figure no boobs, waist and stick thin legs and was a bit of a tomboy at school.I'm 26 and  have my first christmas party coming up in my new job and as usual am dreading dressing up for a special occassion!I want to look feminine without looking fussy and don't want to get my legs out! Please can you suggest an alternative party look. Nadia x





Hi Nadia, great question! I think I have just the thing, Urban outfitters have just launched their new store in Edinburgh and do some great alternative, but dressy pieces. The Christmas Party look I have styled for you, is such fun, it's lady- like chic, but instead of a pencil skirt (I know you want to keep your legs under wraps)

 I have gone for a skinny harem pant in olive for you!
The beautiful draping and fluidity of these pants from Urban Outfitters, will soften any hard angles and create sweeping curves, the lace up front gives them a really dressy feel.The clothing and accessories chosen to go with your pants are ladylike but with a young edge. This beautifuly tailored berry leopard cardigan with it buisy print will distract the eye, again a great trick for smaller women and the Viviene Westwood grey snakeskin  brogues will ensure you maintain your ladylike wiles.Perfect worn with this fabulous black vintage inspired handbag.Or if your feeling a bit more daring wear the gold lady bug belt high on the waist over your cardigan and carry the gold and black striped clutch! All Urban outfitters.  Hope you like your new look Nadia, have fun at your party!!! Sharon x   


 

 Are you a follower of My Passport to Style in need of some expert Style advice in the run up to The Party season? You can send me your Style dilemma to sharonstyle@fsmail.net if you are selected you with be contacted.Good luck! Sharon x
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]


Today Im Thankful for all the wonderful and exciting bloggers and their blogs that I meet on my travels around the bloggersphere and all the friendships made along the way! To celebrate, I would like to present this Passionate Blogger Award to -

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice outfit!! I love the pants (although would never wear them as I have short legs), and I also love olive and berry!!
Lovely :-)

koralee said...

OOOOOOh I love Urban Outfitters...we have one in Vancouver and we are off on Sat. to do some shopping at it..I love those shoes...I need some heels in my life.

Cristi Silva said...

Those shoes are awesome!

A Pretty Trip said...

I love those pants! But no urban outfitters in Australia :(

The Girl said...

I love Urban Outfitters. Although it always has to be a very special treat if I get anything from there because it is a little on the pricey side for me. I'm going to Manchester this weekend and can't wait to pay a visit to the shop there on Market Street!

Monika said...

Wow, Sharon, this is an awesome outfit! I would totally wear it!

Monika said...

Wow, Sharon, this is an awesome outfit! I would totally wear it!

o said...

i am loving those shoes! great outfit post:D definitely chic! thanks for sharing:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Sher said...

Such a lovely outfit you put together, Sharon!! I love the ladybug belt and the shoes are really precious!!

Happy thanksgiving to you and your family:)

Kate said...

Oh that belt is divine! Great selection as always and Hurrah for Urban Outfitters!

Kate x

Slices of Beauty... said...

Lovely idea!

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Great post I would love to be able to get away with Harem pants - I spotted some great ones in Ibiza last summer but alas am too short :-( Wish I could climb inside the beautiful white cupboard and have a peek at all the goodies inside - on your first piccie!

Unknown said...

I really lke those pants! Love your ideas and advice! suzie xx

Sher said...

Thank you so much for the award, dear Sharon! How sweet of you to pass it on!! Well, it made my day better:)

Hugs*

street angel said...

This is a great post..I love the olive harem pant idea. xo ava

Phyllis said...

This is such a great idea!! Love the harem pants.

Vicki said...

Hi, Sharon,
I think Nadia will look lovely and very trendy in that outfit. I love that blue belt, so pretty! Have a beautiful weekend! Vicki

xcharleym0ox said...

I'd love to exchange blog links.. Do i need to make a button or something? xx

xcharleym0ox said...

It's easier for me to just add a link. I'll do it now! :) x

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a delightful post, your compilation of items never cease to make me smile and suddenly long to go shopping :)

Thank you for the beautiful blog award, honey!!! You've just begun my Sunday on the most cheerful of notes!

Oodles of thanks & hugs,
♥ Jessica

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....