19 Sept 2011

My Passport To Style | Matthew Williamsons Spring 2012 Collection


I'm thrilled with Matthew Williamsons exotic use of print and colour for his spring collection, how many designers would choose to flank the outer edges of a dress with flowers? They are usually always the main event on a dress. Did you every make one of those picture when you were a little girl when you painted and image on one side of a piece of paper and then folded in half and opened, but there was so much pain it bled into the centre, this print reminds me of that. His print has a beautiful organic feel. I think he may have sensed that the classic tea dress has been done to death! 



 Rich saffron and pale yellow damask effect print in a relaxed shirt dress.
Loving what I call a desert palette, burnt orange, dusty yellows and ochres and rich bronzes in his two piece short set. the flirty and decadent use of fringing, the architectual use of print placement is sublime. Mexican high society with a strong 1920's asthetic runs through Matthews Williamsons Collection for spring 2012 and I for one will be adding some of his collection to my scrapbook for safe keeping.






2 comments:

Lilacandgrey said...

ekkk! in love!
Lilac and Grey

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

A very belated HELLO! Sharon, I hope you and your boys are well and you have had a good summer x

The blog is looking fantastic, really professional and I love that collection - the colours are gorgeous!

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....