29 Feb 2012

Anthropologies Homage To India




Having just seen the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel which is set in India for those of you who have not yet heard of it and stars the leading actor Dev Patel from Slum Dog Millionaire (above) among a stella cast which includes Dame Judy Dench at her best and Bill Nighy to name a few. The dream like setting and rich colours reminded me that I still needed to share my photos from my recent visit to Anthropologie in London. The clash of pastels and chalky brights, combined with the feeling of being in a ram shackled warehouse full of exotic treasures mirrors the mood of this film perfectly. I wonder if it was a grand plan on the part of Anthropologie or whether it was just good luck that the flamboyant slightly eccentric stying of their store with references to India fits so well with yet another high calibre film set in Asia.I promise to let you know if I find out? Hope you enjoy the photos.  



I loved this mangle of brightly coloured wool creeping steathily up the wall of Anthropologies wall!




bright orange collarless mac, I would wear it with a black lattice weave satchel


I know these are flowers festooned to the front of these mint vases but they make me think of bright coral

These  french candles were like a row of vanilla milkshakes just waiting to be downed with a few swift gulps! 



This perfume vial look like they would be at home  in a humid butterfly house

0 comments:

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....